Tuesday 7 August 2012

Dopey Dad #28

Script:

Dad: What? No! It should be right here!
Please, you've got to help me!
Staff Person: What's the occasion?
Dad: My little girl is turning eighteen... Please, sir. I need to find her the perfect birthday present...

Meanwhile:
Me: (humming)
I'm turning eighteen. Through the years, I've learned a great many things... To think I've finally blossomed into a young woman...
Still, I don't think I'm really ready for this. I've never even had an actual boyfriend...
Though there is one man I'll always turn to for my inspiration.

Me: How I wish you could attend my birthday party...

@dad's: The cards are ready, the invitations sent, the cake baked... Silvie is going to love this!
Is everybody ready?!
Everyone: (stares blankly)
Dad: Great! But since our guest of honour isn't here yet...
I will entertain you!

 *Surprisingly catchy music*

*Knock knock*

 Girl: -And then I was like: "No way am I not coming to your party! It's not like that one year I forgot to give you a present or invite you to my party meant anything!"

Girl 2: Excuse me, who invited her to the party?!

(Arguing)
"Me? Who invited you?!"
"And why shouldn't I be invited?!"
"What I'm wondering is who invited them?!"
"Why I outta..."

(Cake gets thrown)
*Splat!*

Other kids: Ooooooooooooo...

(Sound familiar? Happens all the time at my school...

Except usually no one throws any cake.)


Random Kid: Cake fiiight...!
Ninos: Yep, I knew it.
Ayla: Cake a la mode?

Dad: May I have your attention, plea-
*flying cake hits him square in the face*

(Afterwards)

(I've just arrived to find what's happened...)

Dad: ...And so, you see? I really tried this time and everything still went wrong...
Me: Dad, it's alright. I understand sometimes things get out of control. What matters is that you tried your best... Thank you.

Dad: Silvie... that was the most mature thing you've said to me in a long time...
Speaking of which, I managed to get you what you most wanted for your birthday.

(I go outside, find my new gift and fly off with it.)

Dad: My little girl's all grown up...

2 comments:

Oby said...

I hope this won't happen at the real Birthday celebration. Except for the happy ending, of course. :-)

Silvie said...

Thanks, "Mooie"! :)

Well, at least no one threw any cake...